Open to all duets, trios and quartets that include guitar, except formations with piano. There is no age limit for the contestants. They must be enrolled as active students in any of the courses, or should have opted for registration: listener + competition.
The deadline to register for the chamber music competition is May 31, 2018.
The competition will consist of two stages:
- First round. Contestant will perform a free choice program not exceeding 15 minutes duration. It will take place on July 22, in the “Aula Magna” of CEU Cardenal Herrera University , in Elche at 4 pm. Before the evening concert, it will be announced the contestants who will pass to the Final round.
- Final round. Contestant will perform a free choice program including at least two different styles, and not exceeding 25 minutes duration. The program will not include works performed in the first round. It will be held on Monday, July 23 the Cloister of San Jose, in Elche at 9 pm.
- The timetable may be altered depending on the number of contestants.
- The participants must submit three copies of the scores on the day before each round.
- The result will be announced on July 23, at the end of the competition. The award ceremony of the V International Chamber Music Competition will be held on July 26 in the Cloister of San Jose at 9:15 pm. Attendance of awarded participants will be mandatory to receive the prizes.
- First prize: A concert in the XXI Festival of Guitar named after “Ciutat d’Elx”, with an allowance of 1200 €.
- Second prize: 600 €.
All prizes will be subject to applicable taxes.
The jury will be made up of prominent personalities and well-known artists. The jury decision will be incontestable.
All the events and performances will be public and they may be recorded. The “Ciutat d’Elx” International Guitar Festival reserves the right to broadcast them on Radio, TV, Video or any other means of reproduction – during the Competition and afterwards. This does not imply that contestants will receive any kind of payment or royalties.
The presentation of the application form implies the knowledge and acceptance of the above conditions.